Possible 'Witcher' Encountered by Swiss Soldier



This happened while I was doing my army service in Switzerland in the Alps. I am not allowed to talk about what we were doing but I’ll try to keep things clear.

My company had installed a huge antenna and it had to be guarded by two soldiers day and night. We were on a top of a hill, far away from any city and near a huge forest. It was 18H00 and I had just started my watch of six hours with another soldier. Everything went fine, we smoked cigarettes and kept ourselves occupied until our watch ended at midnight. Then, we received a call from our superior and he told us that one of the soldiers that was supposed to take the watch couldn’t come and one of us had to stay for another watch of 6 hours. We tossed a coin to know who will stay from midnight to six in the morning with temperatures of -20 Celsius degrees. Of course I lost and I had to wait for the other soldier to come and join me for the night watch. They sent another soldier, but not the best because I knew he would sleep all night when I saw him climbing the hill with his sleeping bag. And that’s what he did. He immediately took place in the tent and fell asleep. It was the coldest and longest night of my life but nothing special about it.

The weird part happened in the morning. We received another call from our superior and he told us that we had an NBC exercise. It means that we have to wear all day long our anti-chemical suit (I don’t know the English word for it), the one with gas mask and everything that goes with it. I was really upset and exhausted because I wasn't able to sleep with that thing on and sleep was my only reward for that 12 hour watch. Well, I got out of the tent and this is where I saw something that still scares me to this day.

There was a woman standing next to the antenna and she wasn’t moving. She was just standing there, 5 meters from the tent. I couldn’t see her face because of the sun starting to rise behind her. I knew she was a woman because she had really long hair and she had curves. Remember that we were in the middle of nowhere and this lady was standing there, not moving like she was frozen. I started to freak out and I called the other guy to show him what I was looking at. I don’t know why but he wasn’t scared at all and he told her to leave because she wasn’t allowed there. But she didn’t make a move. She just stood there looking at us, or at least in our direction. I was so confused, how a women could ignore two soldiers telling her to leave a forbidden area. I mean we are in Switzerland, the army is not that impressive I know, but people usually don’t do this kind of things. They would just move away especially when it's 6 in the morning. And what was she doing in the middle of nowhere, obviously not dressed for this cold weather. How long was she standing there and how did she end up here? I didn’t hear any footsteps. So many questions went through my mind at that moment. The other soldier didn’t think twice and started walking towards her. When he almost reached her, she started running very fast. She ran directly into the forest. I saw her getting deep down in the forest and she disappeared from our sight.

I'm really a rational thinker, I question everything and think that there is always an explanation. For me the explanation is that she was simply a jogger because of the way she ran to the forest. But, almost 3 minutes had passed between the first time I saw her and the moment she started running away. 3 minutes of not moving at all, looking at me, dressed with something really tight with -20 degrees and in the middle of nowhere. Thank god there was someone with me because nobody would have believed me.” IZ

NOTE: I have looked into Swiss & German mythology and legends, and believe that if this was a supernatural being that the best bet is that this was either an Elf or a Witcher. The description is more indicative of a Witcher according to the legends. These beings, male and female, have been reported throughout the Alps for centuries. Lon


**********

Hey folks...I would just like to ask you to consider a donation to Phantoms & Monsters. Yes, I do receive some funds through books and advertising...but it is not always enough to cover expenses - which include my Google advertising costs (soliciting reports), Arcane Radio fees, research access costs, etc. If you are interested in helping out, you can use the PayPal donation buttons on the blog and newsletter or go directly to PayPal.com and use my email lonstrickler@phantomsandmonsters.com as the recipient. You can also make a donation through Facebook Messenger. Thanks for your continued support. Lon




**********


**********

TODAY'S TOP LINKS

Fisherman Catches Bizarre 'Mystery Creature' Near Coney Island

Mysterious People with Unbreakable Bones

New York Now Requires a Permit to Look for UFOs, Meteors and Stars

The Deadliest Disaster at Sea Killed Thousands, Yet Its Story Is Little-Known. Why?

Even the 'optimistic' climate change forecast is catastrophic

'Phantoms & Monsters' Mobile Archive at News360 - Updated daily - Make sure to bookmark

'Phantoms and Monsters' Daily Archive at Mix.com - Over 4K posts! - Updated and adding daily - Make sure to bookmark

'Phantoms & Monsters' Daily Posts at Flipboard and the 'Phantoms and Monsters' Fortean Archive at Flipboard - Top Pre-2016 posts - Make sure to bookmark

Phantoms and Monsters / Arcane Radio on YouTube

Chicago & Regional Winged Humanoid / Flying Entity Sightings & Encounters

Chicago & Regional Winged Humanoid / Flying Entity Sightings & Encounters Interactive Map

PA Upright Canine/Dogman Witness Sightings Map

Phantoms and Monsters Fortean Research / Pennsylvania Lycan Investigations / Bigfoot & Sasquatch / Upright Canines & Dogman

Todd Sees Investigation

Lon Strickler - Fortean Researcher / Author

Phantoms & Monsters Ad Rates

**********

RECOMMENDED BOOKS

A Menagerie of Mysterious Beasts: Encounters with Cryptid Creatures

Chasing American Monsters: Over 250 Creatures, Cryptids & Hairy Beasts

Sasquatch, The Native Truth

Monsters Among Us: An Exploration of Otherworldly Bigfoots, Wolfmen, Portals, Phantoms, and Odd Phenomena

Cryptid Creatures: A Field Guide

Lon's Suggested Reading List - Books & Films / DVDs

**********




UNEXPLAINED ENCOUNTER OR SIGHTING?














You can use one of the donation buttons on the blog or newsletter, or go to Paypal.com and use my email lonstrickler@phantomsandmonsters.com as the payee. Thanks again. Lon

This newsletter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Disclaimer:

The publication of any and all content e.g., articles, reports, editorials, commentary, opinions, as well as graphics and or images on this web-site does not constitute sanction or acquiescence of said content unless specified; it is solely for informational purposes.

Fair Use Notice:

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which may not be specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democratic, scientific, social justice, and religious issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

You understand that all Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Phantoms and Monsters Site, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You are responsible for all Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Phantoms and Monsters Site. Phantoms and Monsters does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Phantoms and Monsters Site. By using the Phantoms and Monsters Site, you acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content from other users that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable.

Please Note:

On this day, November 27, 2014, in accord with 15 U.S. Code Chapter 107 - Protection of Intellectual Property Rights, I declare that my rights are attached to all personal data, voice recordings, photos, art, text, titles, etc. published or reproduced at any media source. For commercial and/or recreational use of the foregoing my written consent is required at all times. By this release, I tell all unauthorized person and/or parties that it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, broadcast, or to take any other action against me on the basis of its contents. The actions mentioned above apply equally to employees, students, agents and/or other staff under the direction of the offending parties. The contents of my profile include private information. The violation of my privacy is punished by the law (UCC 1 1-308 - 308 1 -103 and the Rome Statute) NOTE: Any use of witness information, which includes any attempt to contact a witness or persons involved in an event, is strictly prohibited without the written consent of Phantoms & Monsters.

© 2005-2020 Phantoms & Monsters - All Rights Reserved


Read More

Post a Comment

0 Comments